Friday, September 21, 2007

Thing #20- Podcasts

This is something I've actually wanted to explore for a while. It seems similar to YouTube, but more productive, educational and helpful.

I searched each of the podcast search engines for the keywords "library" and "Japan". I wanted to see if there were any podcasts that would provide information on trends and practices in Japanese libraries today.

Podcast.net didn't turn up much. I did see our "UCSC Synergy Lecture Series " listed in the results, though.
The results from Podcastalley.com were much better. I found a nifty tour podcast about traveling through Japan and some general library podcasts. The other two didn't turn up anything relevant, either. I'll have to spend more time on this later and see what I can find, maybe refine or broaden my searches more.

No comments: